My first Job

My first Job
When I was a freshman, I started with a new journey in which I had no parents beside to protect and take care of me. However, I also wanted my parents to admire me, so I did not want my parents to worry too much about my life or ask them money to pay for my living expenses. Hence, I decided to find a job to earn money and get experience. But, I had no much time to work full time, so I chose a part time job: a tutor.
I used to a member of a catholic student group at Mai Khoi Parish. When I joined this group, Van who was the leader of the group helped and shared experiences in student life to me. One day, I shared with her about my financial difficulty, so she introduced me to a family which needed a tutor to help their 8 - year - old daughter studying English and math. At that time, I was very happy because my dream was true - a teacher.
I remember the first day when I went to their house, I prepared many things such as how to introduce myself, how to smile, how to teach their daughter. I was really worried and pressured. I stood in front of a mirror to practice for many hours. The first time in my life, I knew the feeling how to prepare to work, to earn money.
When I came to their house, I was very surprised because they were very rich.  That was the first time I came to a beautiful house like that. It made me more worried and stressful. However, my pressure was gone, when I talked with her parents. They were very friendly and hospitable. They wanted me to help their daughter studying English grammar and third grade math, three times a week from 6 to 8 pm.
The girl not only studied well, but she also was very lovely, cute and active. Although she was just a third-grade student, she had to study many things like playing piano, dancing, swimming and her subjects in the school. She always studied hard and did homework. Sometimes, she asked me some crazy questions that I did not know how to answer. Moreover, I spent time listening and sharing about life with her. I really loved her, so I tried my best to help her in studying.

However, I only companioned with her in two years, because I had to transfer to new residence. I had many beautiful memories with “my first student”. Moreover, I learned many things from the girl such as optimism, cuteness, happiness. Indeed, my first job gave me not only money, but also valuable experiences and unforgettable memories. 

Comments

Popular Posts