Mom who built my family’s home

Mom who built my family’s home
-         Hello, mommy! How are you?
-         Son, I’m always very well. How about you?
-         Yes, I’m fine. Do you go to work today?
-         Of course. I am preparing to go to rice field now.
-         Mom, today is Vietnamese Women’s Day, why don’t you stay at home?
-         What is Vietnamese Women’s Day? I’m sorry, I have to go now. Talk to you later
-         Ok. God bless you.
Today is Vietnamese Women’s Day, but it has no meaning with my mom. She doesn’t care about it; even she doesn’t know what this day is. She still goes to work regularly in the rice field. I thought she will have a day off, but…
My mom was born in a farming family. When she was ten, she had to stop studying to help my grandparents. She had to go to the rice field to work or catch fish, crab, snail, or shrimp every day. Sometimes, she had to go to other villages which were very far away from home to buy or sell agricultural products. Moreover, my mother was the first daughter of my grandparents, so she not only went to the rice field to work, but she also had to take care of her siblings and do housework. Therefore, my mom had no chance to go to school, to play with other children in the village.
When she was eighteen, she got married. My dad was a boss of a factory in my village, so at that time my mom not only did housework, but she also became a good assistance of my dad. Moreover, my family was farming family, but my dad was not a good farmer. He didn’t know how to work at the rice field, so only my mom was a real farmer.
When my dad’s business was bankrupted, my mom became a solid prop for my dad and my family. She was always beside my dad to overcome the difficulties at that time. My family became very poor. Although my parents had to sell many things to pay debts, they didn’t want my siblings to quit school. My dad did not want us to be farmers, so he went to HCMC to work. When he was away from home, my mom had to do many things to earn a living and take care of us. She had to face with many difficulties but they could not make her fall. She tried her best to give us a good life and education.

Now although she is fifty and her health is not fine, she always wants to work. She has experienced many difficulties from she was a little girl until now. She had to do many work that not every woman might work. She was a good daughter, a competent wife and a wonderful mother.

Comments

Popular Posts