Life is a journey

Dear my son,
Today is your 18th birthday. I am very happy because I can see your maturity. Now you are no longer a boy, but a real man. I believe you are eager to start a new journey and experiences in your life.
As you know you are all my everything that I have, so I only want the best thing to you. I don’t want you to be alone coping with the challenges and the difficulties in this life, but it is time to show that you are mature. I will give you freedom to choose what you want to do. However, with my experiences, I also want to remind you something what you will face in the coming period.
In 30 years ago, I used to be a young man with many dreams and ambitions. I was very eager to experience the new things in my life. I had a wonderful moment, but I also had to face with the ups and downs to grow up, to stand in this life. Hence, I understand your feeling and only want you to keep in mind three things:
First, you have to appreciate what you have. Now I am 45 and have experienced half of life. Sometimes, I am not aware to appreciate what I have until it is gone. Therefore, I don’t want you to commit this mistake. Life, family, time, friend, relationship, even love are very important things in your life. Moreover, you have to learn how to be happy and pleased with this life. If you don’t know what you need, what makes you happy; you will never feel pleased with anything in your life.
Next, you have to try your best to study and work. I believe that you will pass the next exam to university. Don’t too worry child. You can do it! You only need to study hard and believe in yourself. I will give you right to choose what you want to study. I want you to live with your desire and your passion. If you don’t want to take the exam to university, I still respect your decision. Nevertheless, you have to be happy and peaceful with your decision and your life. Of course, I will not give you much money anymore; I want you to find a job and work hard to earn money. It is time to know the value and the difficulties of earning money.
Finally, you have to remember that family is the best place that you can rest and share the happiness and the sadness in your life. When you need my help, please let come to me. I am willing to try my best to help you. Son, there are many challenges and difficulties that you have to face on your journey. Sometimes, you will feel tired and want to give up. So, you have to keep in mind that you are not alone because I will be there to protect and guide you. I promise.
Son! Although you are a real man, you are still a boy in my eyes. So, I will be beside you every moment in your life. I believe that you will become a good man and have a happy life.
I love you so much,

DAD

Comments

Popular Posts