Generosity

Generosity
Luke 8, 1 3
       One time, mother Teresa met a Hindu family which had been without food to eat for many days. So, she gave them a bag of rice. After that she was very surprised because they shared half of the bag of rice to an Islamic family.
       In today's Gospel, some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities took their resources to help Jesus and his disciples when they were on the journey to preach and proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God.
From the image of these women, I recognized the invitation of Jesus for his mission. He wanted me to cooperate and share what I have for him and others.
       For Jesus is my life. I decided to follow God, but He wanted me to be more generous and sacrificial in religious life. Sometimes, I was still selfish and lazy.  I only wanted to do what I like, what I want, so I did not want anybody to force me to do this, do that. I have not been generous to offer my whole life to Jesus. I still had many ambitions and plans for my life. Therefore, as a loving invitation, He wants me to let him own my life and willingly to live the life of a religious.
      Next is sharing myself to others. I am living in Passionist community with the charism to help the poor and bring Jesus’ love to everyone. Although, I was clearly aware of my responsibility and what I have to do, I often ignored and only focused on what bring me benefits. Jesus gave me many abilities, so He also wants me to willingly share, help and serve others.

      I know that Jesus can do everything, but He invites me to be generous to cooperate and share in his mission. He wants me to try to study harder, work more, help others more and come to the poor with a loving heart. Moreover, this invitation is not only for me, but for all of us who are trying to become a religious of the Passionist congregation. We have to be more aware of our responsibility to build and develop community.

Comments

Popular Posts