Hope and My Student Life

Hope and My Student Life

Student life was an unforgettable time in my life. I have experienced many difficulties and challenges to complete my course at the university. To overcome all, hope was an extremely important factor in my life. Dr. Snyder said: “Students with high hope set themselves higher goals and know how to work to attain them”. This statement gave me a chance to look back the process that I tried to get the scholarship of a Japan’s organization.
When I was a second year student, I knew this scholarship by a sister. She gave me email of this organization and told me to write an English letter to ask them the scholarship. Honestly, at that time my English was very bad, so I wrote in Vietnamese and use Google translate app to translate my letter. Now, when I have free time, I often take it out to read. It is very awful. I do not know how they felt when they read my letter. However, after one week, I received an email of the organization. They wanted to interview directly to know more about my situation. I was very worried because this was the first time that I had an appointment with a foreigner. I did not know what to prepare and how to say when they ask me. I only knew to learn some sentences about communication in English and imagine some questions that they might ask me. Thus, I spent much times to study English about speaking and listening skills.
However, when I saw them, I was very surprised because they spoke Vietnamese very well. This was the first time that they met me, so they did not force me to speak in English, but they gave me 5 conditions that if I want to receive their scholarship. Two of five conditions were I have to communicate in English with them for the next appointment and my academic transcript has to reach 7.5 points for each year. At that time, I was very confused because I was not sure that I can reach 7.5 points and speak English well after one year. Nevertheless, I did not want to lose this opportunity. If I can receive this scholarship, I will not have to worry for school fee during the remaining years at the university. Moreover, I did not want to ask my parents’ money for studying anymore. Hence, I decided to pursue this scholarship.
I tried my best for studying, even transfer to another residence to get a good condition. Because the scholarship was the highest goal during the second year, I always thought about English, scholarship and mark in my mind. However, sometimes I was very tired, stressful and wanted to give it up. I asked myself why I have to be too pressured to reach the scholarship and whether I am following a right decision. Although, I felt very difficult, I did not forget to hope. I always reminded myself that never lose hope. Finally, my effort was rewarded. I received the scholarship and my English was improved. I felt more confident to communicate with foreigner in English.

I experienced a difficult time to be aware of the importance of hope. Hope gave me more strength and effort to cope with the difficulties and challenges in my life. Moreover, it helped me to be more optimistic and confident to dare what I like. To conclude, I believe that hope emerges as key to success in life, so we always have to keep hope in any situation.

Comments

Popular Posts