A Calling

A Calling

When I was a little boy, I wanted to become a priest. This was a stupid dream because of only eating banana.  However, when I graduated high school, I no longer wanted to become a priest, but to be a cultural researcher.  I really loved to experience and discover about the culture of Vietnam and other countries in the world, so I entered Ho Chi Minh City to study at the university with the major “International Studies”,

However, this life was not simple as I thought. I met many difficulties with my study. I had to learn many things from school, especially English. But, my English was not good, so I felt very tired and bored to run after the program of my major. Many times, I wanted to give up and go home.

My life became more complex and difficult. I did not dare to face with the troubles in my life. Therefore, I often found quiet places to think, to pray, to relax and meditate. These places were coffee shops, churches, chapels, even top floor of my school. I started to learn how to talk with Jesus when I went to the church or chapel. Each time, I felt stressful or pressured, I spent time to be with him in a small chapel at Cho Quan’s church, because this chapel was near my school and my residence. I thought that was an invitation to come with him and experience a loving relationship that I forgot during last years.

Jesus became my best friend.  I felt more peaceful and happier when I shared and talked with Him about what happened in my life. After sharing, I felt more confident to face with the challenges and difficulties in my life, because I believed that Jesus was always beside me. However, I wanted to spend more time to be with him and have a good environment to pray and meditate. I wanted to discover clearly my desire and really understand what I want to. Hence, when I was a third year student, I decided to enter Congregation of Passionist to become a religious.

My life was better when I had Jesus in my heart. I experienced a loving calling from Jesus and I wanted to belong to him at the end of my life. Until now, I am very happy peaceful with my decision.

Comments

Popular Posts