FRESHMEN AND PART-TIME JOB

FRESHMEN AND PART-TIME JOB

Good afternoon, freshmen students. Today I am so happy to be here to share some my experiences about student life. Last time, when I was asked by Fr. Orven to share something about student life. I thought immediately about my memorable experience, especially when I was still in my first year like you.
Now, as freshmen, how do you feel? Are you worried?
I used to be a student myself, so I know what you are worried about: study, grades, money. And
² Do you think the university can give you everything? Like knowledge? Experience? Money? No. It does not give you everything. However, it can give you one thing. A job.
² Now you think that as a student, you have to go to school and study. You have to spend much time to study many subjects in your school. In other words, you have no time to work full-time. Now I am telling you, it is possible when you get a part-time job.
² With my experience, I will show you the importance of doing a part-time job as a student. 

I will give you three reasons why freshmen need to have a part-time job.

Firstly

ü  Experience. The University can surely give you knowledge, but it may not give you any chance to practice what you learn. That is to say, it cannot give you the experience that you need. Hence, look for a part-time job so you will have the experience of practicing what you have learned in your school. In other words, choose a part-time job related to your field of study.  For example: you are studying about IT, you can choose some part time job such as repair computer, design website..

Secondly
ü  Money. I am sure that many of you are worried just being away from home. You will always think of how to pay your tuition fees, your board and lodging, your projects and the like. Time may come that your parents may not be able to give you enough money. In short, you are anxious how to support yourself financially. Thus, you have to do a part-time job to ease your financial worries. Besides, you will learn to spend wisely your hard-earned money. I am sure that you will be very happy when you can earn money from your hands.

Lastly
ü  Diversion. Student life is not always beautiful and easy. You will encounter a lot of difficulties. You have to face and fight with them. Sometimes you feel so lonely and feel like giving-up. But thanks to a part-time job. It can help you divert your attention from your worries and sadness for you know that you still have a job to do. Furthermore, having a part-time job helps you meet many people who can help and share with you.   

To conclude, I would like to urge you to think about getting a part-time job. For sure, it will be beneficial to you. Having a part-job can give you experience, money, and diversion that you need. According to Francis Bacon, “Knowledge is Power.” But I want to end my speech with what Henry Callahan said, “Experience is the best teacher of all. And for that, there are no guarantees that one will become an artist. Only the journey matters.” Dear students, you will have a long journey, so I wish you have a memorable journey.   

                  

Comments

Popular Posts