My Life

When I was a high school student, I wanted to be a cultural researcher.  I really loved to experience and discover about the culture of Vietnam and other countries in the world, so I spent many times studying the subjects which concerned this field like literature, history and geography. However, when I entered Ho Chi Minh City to study at the university with the major “International Studies”, everything turned out differently from what I expected.
I thought that international study was a major which focused on study about culture, history and I would have opportunity to come closer with my dream. I was wrong because cultural research was a small part in this major. This major trained to be a diplomat, not cultural researcher. When I was the second year student, I just knew this thing. I was very disappointed. I did not want to go to school anymore and study anything. I lost many days to think about my trouble. I really had a difficult time in student life about choice between dream and practical situation. Finally, I did not want to lose more time to take exam for another major or another school. I decided to continue to study and experience with all my passion. I also did not want to regret with my choice, so I studied seriously this field. Although, this major could not help my dream to become true, I learned many meaningful things and had many interesting experiences from it.
Last year, I graduated from university with a bachelor degree of international studies. I did not want to stop there, I wanted to study and experience more, because I have never given up my dream. Therefore, I always tried to find way to live with my passion through reading books, learning from internet and travelling. I could not become a cultural researcher as I expected, but at least I was satisfied with what I had had and learned about culture.


Comments

Popular Posts